For our fast-growing division DSV Road, based in Dordrecht, we are looking for an Assistant Freight Forwarder / Assistant Customs.
The content of your position
You maintain close daily contact with international customers with regard to current shipments and you are actively checking transport and customs documentation. Your knowledge of customs as Assistant Customs in combination with operational road transport experience is very welcome for this position and DSV. You are therefore responsible for a fast and efficient handling of road transport shipments on a daily basis. As a point of contact in the department regarding customs issues. On the one hand, you proactively pick up the phone with the customer or colleague and on the other hand you check the customs documentation.
Other duties are in your role:
- Organizing road transport taking into account timely deliveries
- Maintaining very close contact with customers regarding customs clearance and current road transport
- Prepare instructions for formatting output documents
- Prepare and check common transport and customs documents
- First point of contact in the department regarding customs issues and resolving them ad hoc
- Follow-up of shipments and detect irregularities with regard to loading, unloading and delivery of shipments
What do we ask for?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also find the following points important for the position:
- MBO working and thinking level, supplemented with at least two years of work experience in road transport
- Knowledge and experience with customs and transport documentation
- Up-to-date knowledge of customs (supplemented with a diploma Assistant Declarant is an advantage)
- Working accurately, being able to think flexibly and logically
- Good communication and writing skills in the Dutch and English language
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation to email@example.com. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit via +31 (0) 682297557. A VOG application is part of the procedure.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Back to the vacancy overview.