DSV Air & Sea
For our fast-growing division DSV Air & Sea, based in Dordrecht, we are looking for an Assistant Freight Forwarder Iceland.
The content of your position
Are you the Assistant Freight Forwarder with the right work mentality and want to learn on a daily basis? You can get started as an Assistant Freight Forwarder in the Iceland department! In this energetic team there is room for you to organize the transports to and from Iceland together with your colleagues. How? You ensure that the transports from Europe to Dordrecht are organized flawlessly and that all information (orders and documentation) is properly recorded in the system. You have close contact with your colleagues in the warehouse and you also check incoming shipments yourself. It is important that you like diversity, can set priorities, but above all that you want to learn. From and together with your colleagues.
Further activities as Assistant Freight Forwarder:
- Book transports with carriers and process them in the system
- Maintaining close contact with carriers, colleagues in the warehouse and customers
- Drawing up and checking relevant transport documentation (including CMR and Bill of Lading)
- Physical inspection of shipments in the Dordrecht warehouse
- Prepare planning for warehouse with regard to loading containers (before departure to Iceland)
- Prepare loading lists for shortsea operator
- Ensuring timely invoicing, taking INCO terms into account
What do we ask for?
We are looking for an inquisitive and motivated Assistant Freight Forwarder who wants to work at DSV. To learn the Freight Forwarder profession from experienced colleagues. Your personality, commitment and responsibility are important to DSV. In addition, the following matters;
- MBO working and thinking level, supplemented with a logistics training (for example STC)
- At least one year of work experience in a similar position (for example internships)
- Excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English
- Being able to set priorities, want to solve puzzles and be able to work in an ad-hoc environment
- Knowledge of INCO terms and being able to apply them.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits. As a global supplier of logistics solutions, we offer good career opportunities to the right employees. We believe it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, collegiality and a positive corporate culture are central to this.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit via +31 (0) 682297557. A VOG application is part of the procedure.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the parties mentioned in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Back to the vacancy overview.