For our fast-growing division DSV Road, located in Venlo, we are looking for an Assistant Road Transport Forwarder.
The content of your position
At the road transport department in Venlo, you can work as an Assistant Freight Forwarder with various tasks. Ultimately, you will soon be independently active with various customers and road transports to various countries in Europe on a daily basis. Of course you will be fully trained by your colleagues to properly carry out your work as an Assistant Freight Forwarder. After this induction process you organize various road transport shipments and you have close contact with your DSV colleagues in Venlo and other international branches. Your previous experiences (work or internship) are welcome, as is your (preferably) completed logistics training. Would you like to work at DSV as an Assistant Road Transport Forwarder?
Other duties are in your role
- Assisting (senior) forwarders / planners in organizing road transports
- Maintaining close contact with customers, carriers and external partners
- Checking and / or drawing up transport documents
- Ensuring correct and timely delivery of shipments
- Efficient planning of shipments, with the highest possible load factor
- Making rate agreements for purchased transport
What do we ask?
We are looking for an inquisitive and motivated Assistant Freight Forwarder who wants to work at DSV. To learn "learning-on-the-job" the tasks in the field of road transport and to grow further in knowledge and experience. Your personality, commitment and responsibility are important to DSV. In addition, the following matters;
- Minimum MBO working and thinking level
- Preferably (internship) experience in road transport (as assistant Planner or assistant Freight Forwarder)
- Accurate, collaborative and stress resistant
- Proficiency in the Dutch and English language, spoken and written
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation to email@example.com. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit on +31 (0) 682297557. A VOG application is part of the procedure.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediaries / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any DSV employees without a valid written query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the aforementioned parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Back to the vacancy overview.