We are looking for one for our fast-growing DSV Solutions division, located in the South West region of the Netherlands, a Business Application Specialist.
Due to the growth of the organization and growth in warehousing of various international accounts (including a soft drink producer and well-known sports brand), we are looking for a Business Application Specialist. You are active daily as a point of contact for all common questions in the field of WMS. You support your operational colleagues and offer them support with questions, problems, but also with improvements in the field of customer and process optimization. Within DSV, we work with one WMS, for which management and organization have been transferred to Business Support. As a Business Applications Specialist you are active for various sites in the South West Netherlands region. Are you the WMS specialist we are looking for? Who can work independently with our warehouse processes and can set up, maintain and optimize them customer-specifically.
Other duties are in your role:
- Monitoring the operation and functionality of systems and applications or processes and procedures
- Carrying out (standard) system performance tests
- Record and report on performance achieved in troubleshooting and user support
- Signaling deviations; reporting disruptions, intervening and solving identified problems in reliability, speed and capacity and the like
- Monitor EDI interfacing and correct anomalies and communicate progress with Customer Services
- Maintaining contact and working closely with colleagues in the team (such as process engineer and manager) and outside the team (operations and WMS development)
- Writing simple applications, such as a database
- Testing and implementing new WMS functionalities, in order to optimize the operation
What do we ask for?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. In addition, we find the following points important for the position:
- HBO working and thinking level, supplemented with experience in a logistics or warehouse environment
- At least 5 years of work experience in a comparable position such as Application Engineer or WMS Specialist
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- Being able to work independently and flexible in terms of location to work (at home or site in Southwest Netherlands)
- Expert in the application of RedPrairie / JDA Dispatcher is an absolute plus
- Analytical, creative and willing / able to convey knowledge to colleagues
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation to email@example.com. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit on +31 (0) 682297557.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediaries / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any DSV employees without a valid written query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the aforementioned parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Back to vacancy-overview