For our fast-growing Solutions division, we are looking to hire a Business Development Director, vertical Industrial
As Business Development Director, vertical Industrial (preferably based in Venlo), you will lead and support commercial projects for which your expertise is required and contribute to the overall success of the project. The Business Development Director, vertical Industrial is an entrepreneur who thrives in a dynamic, successful, and ever-evolving organisation. You understand complex logistics systems and concepts and have a demonstrable track record in the industrial sector.
Our aim is to grow in the industrial market share, from engineers and manufacturers to renewable energy front-runners. In close consultation with local and regional management you will implement and support our growth strategy, resulting in a profitable and strong industrial market segment.
- Spearheading the innovation of industrial activities, staying up to date on market dynamics, and initiating breakthrough developments in the vertical market;
- Translating the roadmap from strategic perspectives into global and local action plans;
- Supporting and advising current and prospective clients on their supply chain strategy;
- Analysing current and future market needs, requirements and expectations;
- Responding to RFQ/market opportunities and managing/leading the commercial process from lead generation to securing the business for DSV Solutions.
What do we require?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and add value to our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility, and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation is greatly appreciated. Furthermore, we require the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management, engineering, or a related discipline;
- Ten years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a 3PL organisation;
- Experience in the vertical industrial sector;
- The ability to quickly establish trust and build long-term, executive-level relationships with clients is critical to this position;
- Strong consultative selling skills, excellent listening skills, attention to detail, ability to probe and offer insights;
- Willingness to travel.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top industry players. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow alongside us. We offer a challenging position in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We also offer excellent career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. It’s important to us that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit, and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees are always given the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop their professional competences.
Are you interested?
We look forward to getting to know you better. Please e-mail your CV and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy, feel free to contact Michelle de Waal on +31 (0)6-51365493. Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Return to the vacancy overview.