DSV Lead Logistics
For our fast-growing division DSV Lead Logistics in place we are hiring a Carrier Procurement Manager.
The main focus of this position
As a Carrier Manager you are mainly leading sourcing activities (RFX) for new carriers for our well-diversified and highly competitive portfolio. Other tasks will be:
- Highly knowledgeable on carrier procurement, rates and have experiences in running RFQ
- with procurement tools for ROAD, PARCEL and OCEAN modes
- Responsible for subcontractor management and sourcing/onboarding new carrier(s)Onboarding of new carriers, leading the contracting process and maintaining the carrier database.
- Proactive performance management of the transportation providers, making use of state of the art KPI dashboards and active management of carrier relationships through quarterly business reviews.
- During solution design phases, supporting the team with in depth knowledge of the carriers in those specific markets
- Driving capacity- and fleet management for our customers, assuring that demand is always met with a fleet that operates in accordance to the SLAs
- Managing the DSV Lead Logistics transportation budget. Analyzing, mitigating and reporting of deviations
- Develop subject matter expertise in transportation: keeping up with market conditions, trends, innovations and assuring this knowledge is embedded within the DSV Lead Logistics organization. Translating this information into concrete business implications
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience as carrier manager or as carrier procurement manager
- SCM expertise in general and transport management in Europe in particular. Experience in automotive with automotive carriers is a plus.
- Experience in procuring and negotiating either/or air-, ocean-, road-, express freight.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- English fluency in word and writing.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with BY/JDA procurement tool or other tender support tools is highly appreciated
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Michelle de Waal at +31 (0)651365493. We require a VOG from all employees. Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Return to the overview of job openings.