We are looking for a Distribution Planner for our fast-growing division DSV Road, located in Venlo.
The content of your position
You are active every day, together with your six colleagues, with the planning of 60 trucks and 1500 shipments throughout the Netherlands. This mainly concerns groupage transports (general cargo and pallets) which are transported to the unloading location and / or must be collected at the loading location in the Netherlands. Your job is to maintain close contact with drivers, check documentation and resolve ad-hoc operational issues. You have contact with colleagues from other departments about customer-related questions. Your work experience as a Road Transport Planner or a Distribution Transport Planner is very welcome, as is your up-to-date geographical knowledge of the Netherlands. Are you flexible and do you know how to tackle things?
Other duties in your role are:
- Ensuring correct and timely delivery of shipments
- Planning shipments in trailers, with the highest possible load factor / stops
- Instructing drivers and maintaining close contact with them
- Maintaining contact by telephone / e-mail with internal departments about customers and loading and unloading locations
- Resolve ad hoc irregularities with regard to loading, unloading and delivery of shipments
- Create, check and process loading and unloading lists
What do we ask for?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also find the following points important for the position:
- MBO working and thinking level
- At least 5 to 10 years of work experience as a Road Transport Planner or Distribution Planner
- Good geographical knowledge of the Netherlands
- Working accurately, being able to think flexibly and logically
- Good communication and writing skills in the Dutch language
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation to email@example.com. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit via +31 (0) 682297557. A VOG application is part of the procedure.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Back to the vacancy overview.