For our fast-growing division DSV Road, located in Dordrecht, we are looking for a Forwarder Road transport.
The content of your position
As a forwarder for road transport you are responsible for a fast and efficient handling of transport shipments. In addition, you are able to build and maintain a network both internally and externally. As a Freight Forwarder you fulfill a proactive role within the operational department.
Other duties in your job are:
- Taking care of correct and timely delivery of shipments, you negotiate with carriers yourself
- Plan shipments efficiently and go for customer satisfaction and profit maximization
- Selling / chartering LTL shipments and / or complete cargoes, both import and export
- Making rate agreements for purchased transport
- Proactively communicate and inform customers and partners
- Follow-up of shipments and detect irregularities with regard to loading, unloading and delivery of shipments
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also find the following points important for the position:
- Completed (logistics) MBO training
- At least three years of work experience in a position as a Freight Forwarder / Planner Road Transport / Transport Planner
- You are customer-oriented, you can work well in a team and you have a flexible attitude
- You are also social, have humor and you are not afraid to pick up the phone
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language in word and writing
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation to email@example.com. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit on +31 (0) 682297557. A VOG application is part of the procedure.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the parties mentioned in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Back to vacancy overview