For our fast-growing division Solutions, location to be discussed, we are hiring a Resource Manager.
The main focus of this position
Together with your team of 2 to 3 Resource Planners you ensure the most efficient possible deployment of employees and temporary workers in our warehouses in the Netherlands and this in the most cost-efficient way possible. You coach your team in making optimal use of the workforce management (WFM) tool in order to realize effective pool management. You will implement this tool and associated new working method within the Netherlands together with the project team. You are responsible for training and coaching the Resource Planners and region managers in the use of the WFM tool. In addition to long, medium and short term planning, your team also responds to daily (unexpected) changes. Unpopular choices can be part of that. You do not shy away from resistance; after all, every location has to represent the interests of their customer. You report to the Director Operations Excellence.Other tasks will be:
- Analysis of planning results and simulation of planning in order to determine potential for improvement and to advise operational managers on this;
- Communication with relevant internal stakeholders and external stakeholders such as employment agencies;
- Initiate improvement projects together with your team for the efficient use of the workforce management tool.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 7-10 years of experience in an operational logistics environment;
- Experience in implementing (as team lead or project manager) a workforce management tool;
- Experience with Ortec's workforce management tool is a great advantage;
- Proficiency in the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter via email@example.com. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Robert Speelman at 06-57095763. We require a VOG from all employees.
Return to the overview of job openings.