For our fast-growing division DSV Solutions in Moerdijk or Venlo we are hiring a Resource Planner.
The main focus of this position
As a Resource Planner you are the person who plans the employees and temporary workers for our warehouses, across multiple DSV locations and in the most cost-efficient way possible. You do this by making optimal use of the workforce management (WFM) tool in order to achieve effective pool management. You will implement this tool and associated new working method within the Netherlands together with the project team. You are the planning specialist and you are the point of contact for the region. When planning, you take into account the needs of the locations and the competencies of the employees, which are determined on the basis of the demand forecasting of DSV's customers. In addition to long, medium and short-term planning, you also respond to daily (unexpected) changes. Unpopular choices can be part of that. You do not shy away from resistance; after all, every location has to represent the interests of their customer. You report to the Resource Manager. Other tasks will be:
- Analysis of the planning results and the execution of scenario planning and on this basis give advice to the operational managers;
- Set up joint action plans based on the analysis of the KPI reports of the employment agencies;
- Initiate improvement proposals based on national consultation with other resource planners.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 3 years of experience as a resource or equipment planner within an operational (logistics) environment;
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an operational logistics environment;
- Knowledge of a workforce management system is an advantage;
- Proficiency in the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter via email@example.com. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Michelle de Waal at +31 (0)651365493. We require a VOG from all employees. Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Return to the overview of job openings.