For our fast-growing division DSV Solutions in Venlo we are hiring a Senior Applications Engineer (Logistics/WMS).
The main duties of this position
The Senior Applications Engineer is part of the Business Support department. You are mainly involved in carrying out projects aimed up designing and optimizing logistical information systems/applications within one or more sites. You do this in such a way that an efficient execution of the logistic services will take place, in line with specific customer requirements. You are the partner of contact for the internal and external customer. You handle complaints and ensure quality assurance and contribute to knowledge sharing between the various teams. Other tasks will be:
- Setting up and implementing new customers, processes and applications and documentation thereof;
- Manage existing systems and applications, especially WMS – RedPrairie/ JDA Distpatcher;
- Participating in projects to improve the logistic process, for example, large-scale automation projects;
- Identifying deviations; reporting disruptions, intervening and solving identified problems in reliability, speed and capacity and suchlike;
- Operational support of the primary process, advising the business regarding the implementation of the operational activities in relation to the WMS.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
- A completed technical education at HBO level;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position with experience in project management, Prince2 certificate is a plus;
- Knowledge of logistic processes and WMS systems, analytically strong and knowledge of SQL;
- Knowledge of the Dutch and English languages in word and writing;
- Experience with logistic automation / mechanisation is a plus.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter via email@example.com. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Michelle de Waal at +31651365493. We require a VOG from all employees. Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Return to the overview of job openings.