DSV Lead Logistics
DSV Lead Logistics located in Oude Meer (Schiphol-Oost) is looking for a Freight Forwarder / Control Tower 4PL. In this position you will be part of a growing company which means that you’ll get the space to think along in order to create the ideal customer experience. There is a lot of room for own initiative.
What are you going to do?
As a Freight Forwarder / Control Tower 4PL you are responsible for managing the international supply chain in a control tower setup for one of our customers within our 4PL service. Our customers are global companies, but operate from Europe. You (together with colleagues) have an operational and relational responsibility for the accounts. Your primary goal is to exceed customer expectations by providing excellent customer service and achieving service and savings goals. Your other activities include:
- Being an operational point of contact for the customer;
- Accepting, guiding and combining transport orders and taking care of the administrative processing;
- Providing proactive communication internally and externally;
- Exceeding customer expectations and building a close customer relationship;
- Follow-up and monitoring of shipments and noticing deviations;
- Identifying opportunities and actively proposing improvements and solutions;
- Identify risks and solve them together with the customer and carriers;
- Representing the interests of both the customer and DSV;
- Checking invoices from specific freight carriers.
What do we ask?
- A completed (logistics) MBO degree;
- 3 years of relevant work experience in managing international freight;
- Experience in Supply Chain Management (SCM) and in particular (road) transport management in Europe;
- Experience in managing air, sea, road and / or express freight. An advantage is experience with multiple modalities;
- Helicopter view;
- Excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
A challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good benefits. As a global supplier of logistics solutions, we offer good career opportunities to the right employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, collegiality and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Michelle de Waal, via 06 - 5136 5493. We also require a VOG from all employees. Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Return to the overview of job openings.