DSV Lead Logistics
For our fast-growing division DSV Lead Logistics in Hoofddorp we are hiring a Transport Engineer
The main focus of this position
As a Supply chain/transport Engineer you are responsible for modelling transportation scenarios in our state-of-the-art modelling tools as well as supporting transport operations with process improvements and keeping the rate card configuration up to date. The Transport Engineer is key in identifying potential value in existing transportation networks based on an understanding of the client needs. You are constantly evaluating and analysing the status quo and looking for improvements. If this sounds appealing to you, then this is a position for you! Other tasks will be:
- Data and process analysis with respective visualization as well as baseline and transport saving calculations;
- Evaluate and determine by what-if analysis the most efficient means of moving products while maintaining the desired service level;
- Design business cases for selected improvement opportunities;
- Configuration of tariffs in the transportation management system;
- Helping to manage the transportation budget;
- Performance management and advanced logistics and supply chain analytics, but also focused on quantifying for instance environmental impact;
- Ensuring alignment between DSV’s Lead Logistics (global) operations and driving continuous improvement projects;
- Assisting the Carrier Manager in subcontractor management and sourcing/onboarding new carrier(s);
- Playing an important part in implementation of new DSV customers in setting up and analyzing master data, carrier rate cards and system rules/parameters as well as training customers and carriers in DSV applications.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) by preference in Engineering / Logistics Sciences or Industrial Engineering.
- Knowledge of Blue Yonder/JDA Transportation Management System and Blue Yonder /JDA Transportation Modeler system (or other Modeler tools);
- 2-5 years of proven experience in SCM and transport management with experience in analysis and calculation;
- Experience with process redesign, integrating KPI’s, carrier rate cards, transportation processes and identification of root causes;
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams);
- Experience with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau or Qlikview/sence)
- Good command of English in word and writing;
- Willingness to travel.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Michelle de Waal at +31 (0)651365493. We require a VOG from all employees. Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Return to the overview of job openings.