||fulltime (40 hours)
||DSV Lead Logistics
||4th of July 2019
||Oude Meer / Amsterdam
Do you wanna be a part of the winning team?
As a Logistics Carrier Manager you are responsible for managing both 3PLs as well as direct carriers. You will be involved pre- and post-implementation of (global) customers located in Europe. Responsibilities consist mainly out of Carrier Sourcing, Onboarding, and Performance Management. You are the link between DSV Lead Logistics and the transportation providers. On a daily basis you - as our Carrier Manager - will be busy translating client’s needs to what is achievable in the market focussed on driving value out of the supply chain whilst respecting the agreed service levels.
As a Logistics Carrier Manager you are mainly leading sourcing activities (RFX) for new carriers for our well-diversified and highly competitive portfolio. You are also:
- Responsible for subcontractor management and sourcing/onboarding new carrier(s). Onboarding of new carriers, leading the contracting process and maintaining the carrier database.
- Proactive performance management of the transportation providers, making use of state of the art KPI dashboards and active management of carrier relationships through quarterly business reviews.
- During solution design phases, supporting the team with in depth knowledge of the carriers in those specific markets
- Driving capacity- and fleet management for our customers, assuring that demand is always met with a fleet that operates in accordance to the SLA's
- Managing the DSV Lead Logistics transportation budget. Analyzing, mitigating and reporting of deviations
- Develop subject matter expertise in transportation: keeping up with market conditions, trends, innovations and assuring this knowledge is embedded within the DSV Lead Logistics organization. Translating this information into concrete business implications.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience as logistics carrier manager
- SCM expertise in general and transport management in Europe in particular.
- Experience in procuring and negotiating either/or air-, ocean-, road-, express freight.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- English fluency in word and writing.
- Willingness to travel.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Continuous improvement focus.
- Strong multitasker.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
A unique opportunity to work in an international innovative supply chain services environment with high potential for further career opportunities. We offer a friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Tim Siebers on firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)683705556.
We look forward to receiving your application! Send your application to HRMvenlo@nl.dsv.com with your CV and letter of motivation. We will process the applications as we receive them.
You will work in our DSV Lead Logistics team, based in Oude-Meer (Schiphol Airport), reporting to the Senior Director for DSV Lead Logistics EMEA. For more information on DSV Lead Logistics kindly refer to: https://www.leadlogistics.dsv.com/en
DSV is a Danish transport and logistics company offering transport services worldwide by road, air, sea and train. Since its foundation in 1976 by nine independent Danish hauliers, the company has achieved rapid expansion and international presence. With headquarters in Hedehusene (near Copenhagen), Denmark, and offices in more than 80 countries, DSV employs more than 47,000 people and collaborates with partners and agents worldwide.