||fulltime (40 hours)
||DSV Lead Logistics
||4th of July 2019
||Oude Meer / Amsterdam
Do you wanna be a part of the winning team?
For our division: DSV Lead Logistics, based at Schiphol Oude Meer in the Netherlands, we are looking to hire a:
Carrier Manager 4PL
What will you do as a Carrier Manager?
As a Logistics Carrier Manager you are responsible for managing both 3PLs as well as direct carriers. You will be involved pre- and post-implementation of (global) customers located in Europe. Responsibilities consist mainly out of Carrier Sourcing, Onboarding, and Performance Management. You are the link between DSV Lead Logistics and the transportation providers. On a daily basis you - as our Carrier Manager - will be busy translating client’s needs to what is achievable in the market focussed on driving value out of the supply chain whilst respecting the agreed service levels.
As a Logistics Carrier Manager you are mainly leading sourcing activities (RFX) for new carriers for our well-diversified and highly competitive portfolio. You are also:
- Responsible for subcontractor management and sourcing/onboarding new carrier(s). Onboarding of new carriers, leading the contracting process and maintaining the carrier database.
- Proactive performance management of the transportation providers, making use of state of the art KPI dashboards and active management of carrier relationships through quarterly business reviews.
- During solution design phases, supporting the team with in depth knowledge of the carriers in those specific markets.
- Driving capacity- and fleet management for our customers, assuring that demand is always met with a fleet that operates in accordance to the SLA's.
- Managing the DSV Lead Logistics transportation budget. Analyzing, mitigating and reporting of deviations.
- Develop subject matter expertise in transportation: keeping up with market conditions, trends, innovations and assuring this knowledge is embedded within the DSV Lead Logistics organization. Translating this information into concrete business implications.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience as logistics carrier manager.
- SCM expertise in general and transport management in Europe in particular.
- Experience in procuring and negotiating either/or air-, ocean-, road-, express freight.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- English fluency in word and writing.
- Willingness to travel.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Continuous improvement focus.
- Strong multitasker.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast growing, international and innovative supply chain services environment with high potential for further career opportunities.
- The ability to work as a Carrier Manager in a company that is driven by technology.
- We offer a friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance.
- The chance to work with on complex problems and continues improvement.
- An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture.
- Good working conditions, benefits/perks.
And a few reasons you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a lot. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects in our growing company, work with amazingly talented colleagues, and have the opportunity to solve a diverse set of problems.
- You’ll love your colleagues and teammates. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team and we thrive off of each other - you’ll thrive too.
Is this the challenge you’ve been looking for? Click to apply now! Don’t forget to add your resume.
We look forward to receiving your application! Send your application with your CV and letter of motivation. We will process the applications as we receive them. For more information about the position you can contact the Recruitment department by phone (020 – 655 2018) or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
DSV is a Danish transport and logistics company offering transport services worldwide by road, air, sea and train. Since its foundation in 1976 by nine independent Danish hauliers, the company has achieved rapid expansion and international presence. With headquarters in Hedehusene (near Copenhagen), Denmark, and offices in more than 80 countries, DSV employs more than 60,000 people and collaborates with partners and agents worldwide.
Agreement processing personal data:
The candidate agrees, on the grounds of legitimate importance, to record and process the (personal) data requested upon the start of application procedure and the data retrieved and / or provided during the application procedure in order to effect proper fulfillment of this application procedure, legal obligations, and organizational policy. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, DSV guarantees the privacy of the candidate. The candidate is entitled to inspect, correct and delete data, the right to object to the processing of data and the right to withdraw the consent given for processing.