||fulltime (40 hours)
||DSV Lead Logistics
||17th of february 2020
Do you wanna be a part of the winning team?
As a Senior Logistics Engineer you are responsible for modelling complex transportation scenarios in our state-of-the-art modelling tools. The Senior Logistics Engineer is key in identifying potential value in existing transportation networks based on an understanding of the client needs. You are constantly evaluating and analysing the status quo and looking for improvements. If this sounds appealing to you, then this is a position for you!
As a Senior Logistics Engineer your main responsibilities lie in design and implementation in detailed network (re-)design and reporting. Operationally you’ll be busy on a day-to-day basis interacting internally and externally in the areas of:
- Data and process analysis and visualization and baseline calculation
- Evaluate and determine by what-if analysis of the most efficient means of moving products while maintaining a desired service level:
- Design business case for selected improvement opportunities
- Capacity and fleet management for our running operations
- Helping to manage the transportation budget
- Performance management and advanced logistics and supply chain analytics, but also focused on quantifying for instance environmental impact
- Ensuring alignment between DSV’s Lead Logistics (global) operations and driving continuous improvement projects
- Assisting the Carrier Manager in subcontractor management and sourcing/onboarding new carrier(s).
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) by preference in Engineering / Logistics Sciences or Industrial Engineering
- Proficient with JDA Transportation Modeler system (or other Modeler tools).
- At minimum 5 years of experience in SCM and transport management with experience in analysis and calculation
- Experience with process redesign, integrating KPI’s, service metrics, productivity benchmarks and identification of root causes
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- English fluency in word and writing
- Willingness to travel
A unique opportunity to work in an international innovative supply chain services environment with high potential for further career opportunities. We offer a friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Tim Siebers on email@example.com or +31 (0)683705556.
We look forward to receiving your application! Send your application to HRMvenlo@nl.dsv.com with your CV and letter of motivation. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV is a Danish transport and logistics company offering transport services worldwide by road, air, sea and train. Since its foundation in 1976 by nine independent Danish hauliers, the company has achieved rapid expansion and international presence. With headquarters in Hedehusene (near Copenhagen), Denmark, and offices in more than 80 countries, DSV employs more than 47,000 people and collaborates with partners and agents worldwide.