||fulltime (40 hours)
||DSV Lead Logistics
||26th of march 2020
Do you wanna be a part of the winning team?
As a Senior Supply chain Engineer you are responsible for modelling complex transportation scenarios in our state-of-the-art modelling tools. The Senior Logistics Engineer is key in identifying potential value in existing transportation networks based on an understanding of the client needs. You are constantly evaluating and analysing the status quo and looking for improvements. If this sounds appealing to you, then this is a position for you!
As a Senior Supply Chain Engineer your main responsibilities lie in design and implementation in detailed transport network (re-)design and reporting. Operationally you’ll be busy on a day-to-day basis interacting internally and externally in the areas of:
- Data and process analysis and visualization and baseline and transport savings calculations.
- Evaluate and determine by what-if analysis the most efficient means of moving products while maintaining the desired service level.
- Design business cases for selected improvement opportunities.
- Capacity and fleet management for our running operations.
- Helping to manage the transportation budget.
- Performance management and advanced logistics and supply chain analytics, but also focused on quantifying for instance environmental impact.
- Ensuring alignment between DSV’s Lead Logistics (global) operations and driving continuous improvement projects.
- Assisting the Carrier Manager in subcontractor management and sourcing/onboarding new carrier(s).
- Playing an important part in implementation of new DSV LLP customers in setting up and analyzing master data and carrier rate cards and training customers and carriers in DSV LLP applications
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) by preference in Engineering / Logistics Sciences or Industrial Engineering.
- Proficient with JDA Transportation Modeler system (or other Modeler tools).
- At minimum 5 years of proven experience in SCM and transport management with experience in analysis and calculation.
- Experience with process redesign, integrating KPI’s, service metrics, carrier rate cards, transportation processes, productivity benchmarks and identification of root causes.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experiences with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau or Qlikview/sence)
- Knowledge of SQL or visual basic programming is appreciated
- English fluency in word and writing.
- Willingness to travel.
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast growing, international and innovative supply chain services environment with high potential for further career opportunities.
- The ability to work as a Engineer in a company that is driven by technology.
- We offer a friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance.
- The chance to work with on complex problems and continues improvement.
- An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture.
- Good working conditions, benefits/perks.
And a few reasons you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a lot. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects in our growing company, work with amazingly talented colleagues, and have the opportunity to solve a diverse set of problems.
- You’ll love your colleagues and teammates. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team and we thrive off of each other – you’ll thrive too.
Is this the challenge you’ve been looking for? Send your resume and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.